Auction Terms & Conditions
BILINGUAL PRIDHAM'S TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE - Please take the time to read them, thank you.
RÈGLEMENTS & CONDITIONS DE VENTE PRIDHAM'S BILINGUES - S.V.P. veuillez prendre le temps de les lire, merci.
1. The term "Auctioneer" means Pridham's Auction House Inc. | Le terme "Encanteur" signifie Pridham's Auction House Inc.
2. Each lot is sold "AS IS" and "WHERE IS". | Chaque item est vendu "TEL QUEL" et "OÙ IL EST".
3. Descriptions are provided to help move along the process on auction day. No warranty regarding the descriptions, age or condition is made or implied. Almost all these lots are antiques. Additionally, under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of any lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including and without limitation, its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an 'as is' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality. Any statement in relation to a lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Pridham's, and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. The condition reports have not been prepared by a professional conservator or engineer.
Les descriptions sont inclues pour faciliter le processus le jour de l'encan. Aucune garantie en ce qui concerne les descriptions, l'âge et condition est offerte ou implicite. Presque tous les lots sont antiques. En outre, conformément aux conditions de vente applicables à la vente de tout lot, les acheteurs doivent s'assurer de chaque aspect de la qualité du lot, y compris et sans limitation, son auteur, son attribution, sa condition, sa provenance, son authenticité et origine. Les lots sont vendus "tel quel", mais la condition réelle du lot peut ne pas être aussi bonne que celle indiquée par son apparence extérieure. En particulier, des pièces peuvent avoir été remplacées ou restaurées, et les lots peuvent ne pas être authentiques ou de qualité satisfaisante. Toute déclaration relative à un lot est simplement une expression d'opinion du vendeur ou de Pridham's, et ne devrait pas être invoquée comme une incitation à soumissionner sur le lot. Des lots sont disponibles pour l'inspection avant la vente et vous êtes fortement conseillé d'examiner tout lot dans lequel vous êtes intéressé avant la vente. Nos rapports d'état n'ont pas été préparés par un conservateur ou un ingénieur.
4. Pridham's does its very best to point out condition issues. You have to examine each piece carefully; sales will not be set aside on grounds of condition, or of real or imagined misdescription. | Pridham's fait de son mieux pour vous informer des bris. Vous devez examiner chaque item soigneusement; les ventes ne seront pas mises de côté pour des raisons de condition, ou de descriptions erronées réelles ou imaginaires.
5. Please bid clearly with your bidder number. | S.V.P. utilisez votre carton-soumissionaire clairement pour faire une mise.
6. There are applicable taxes except for out-of-country buyers who require shipping their purchases. | Il y a des taxes applicables sauf pour les acheteurs hors Canada qui doivent faire livrer leur marchandise.
7. The Auctioneer has the right to withdraw or add to the items as listed in any printed catalogue or listing, or promoted on the internet. | L'Encanteur a le droit de retirer ou d'ajouter des items sur une liste ou dans un catalogue imprimés, ou annoncé sur l'internet.
8. Unless exempted by law, the buyer must pay applicable taxes on the total purchase price. The buyer's premium is added before the applicable taxes. Pridham's does not divide a buyer's invoice between 2 or more people on auction day. | À moins d'être exemptés, les acheteurs doivent payer les taxes appropriées sur le montant total. La prime de l'acheteur est ajoutée avant les taxes applicables. Pridham's ne divise pas la facture entre 2 ou plusieurs personnes le jour de l'encan.
9. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right not to accept and to reject any bid. Without limitation, any bid which is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or which is merely a nominal or fractional advance over the previous bid may not be recognized. | L'Encanteur a le droit de refuser toute offre et d'avancer l'appel d'offres à son entière discrétion. Il se réserve le droit de ne pas accepter et de refuser toute offre. Sans limitation, toute offre qui n'est pas proportionnelle à la valeur de l'article offert ou qui est simplement une avance nominale ou fractionnaire par rapport à l'offre précédente ne peut être reconnue.
10. When the Auctioneer says "sold!" it is a contractual agreement between the Auctioneer and the buyer. All auctions are (audio) recorded. | Lorsque l'Encanteur dit "vendu!" cela est tout comme un contrat entre l'acheteur et l'Encanteur. Les encans sont enregistrés (audio).
11. For all sales in the room, in absentia and telephone buyers, payments have to be made in full on auction day by Visa, MasterCard, Interac and cash, and within 4 days for LiveAuctioneers buyers by Visa, MasterCard or bank wire transfer. Amex and cheques are not accepted. | Pour les acheteurs présents en salle, par absence ou par téléphone, les paiements doivent être faits au complet le jour de l'encan par VISA, Master, Interac ou en argent comptant, et en 4 jours pour les acheteurs qui utilisent Live Auctioneers. Amex et chèques ne sont pas acceptés.
12. Registration: all bidders are required to give full name, address, telephone number (s) and postal code. Information is used pursuant to the "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act". | Enregistrement: tous les clients sont tenus de donner leur nom, adresse, téléphone et code postal. L'information est utilisée selon la "Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels et les documents électroniques".
13. Pridham's is not responsible for any damages or injuries under any circumstances. | Pridham's n'est pas responsable pour aucun dommage ou blessure et ce, en aucun cas.
14. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from the sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice. | L'Encanteur se reserve le droit de retirer tout lot de la vente, à n'importe quel moment, de diviser un ou plusieurs lots, et ce sans avis.
15. Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay HSTon the total purchase price including the buyer's premium. For international buyers, taxes are not applicable when purchases are shipped out of Canada. For items shipped out of the province of Ontario, the buyer is required to pay taxes as per the tax status of that province, whether it is HST or GST (Goods and Services Tax). | À moins d'être exempté par la loi, l'acheteur est tenu de payer la TVH sur le prix d'achat total, y compris la prime de l'acheteur. Pour les acheteurs internationaux, les taxes ne sont pas applicables lorsque les achats sont expédiés hors du Canada. Pour les articles expédiés hors province, l'acheteur est tenu de payer les taxes selon le statut fiscal de cette province, que ce soit la TVH ou la TPS (taxe sur les produits et services).
16. Each lot may be subject to an unpublished reserve which may be changed at any time by agreement between the auctioneer and the consignor. The auctioneer may bid, or direct an employee to bid, on behalf of the consignor as agreed between them. In addition, the auctioneer may accept and submit absentee, telephone and online bids, to be executed by an employee of the auctioneer, pursuant to the instructions of prospective purchasers not in attendance at the sale. | Chaque lot peut faire l'objet d'une réserve inédite qui peut être modifiée à tout moment par accord entre l'Encanteur et le client. L'Encanteur peut soumissionner, ou ordonner à un employé de le faire, au nom du client comme convenu entre eux. De plus, l'Encanteur peut accepter et soumettre des offres absentes, téléphoniques et en ligne, devant être exécutées par un employé de l'Encanteur, conformément aux instructions des acheteurs éventuels qui ne peuvent pas être présents.
17. The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer for any lot shall be the buyer and such buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and must comply with such other Conditions of Sale as may be applicable. If any dispute should arise between bidders, the auctioneer shall have the absolute discretion to designate the buyer or, at his option, to withdraw any disputed lot from the sale, or to re-offer it at the same or a subsequent sale. The auctioneer's decision in all cases shall be final. | Le soumissionnaire le plus offrant accepté par l'Encanteur pour tout lot sera l'acheteur et cet acheteur assumera sans délai tous les risques et responsabilités du lot et devra se conformer aux autres conditions de vente applicables. En cas de litige entre deux soumissionnaires, l'Encanteur aura la discrétion absolue de désigner l'acheteur ou, à son gré, de retirer tout lot contesté de la vente ou de la proposer à la même vente ou à une autre vente ultérieure. La décision de l'Encanteur dans tous les cas est définitive.
18. The buyer shall pay an item in full and to the satisfaction of the auctioneer; failing to do so may result in the cancellation of the sale, with or without re-offering the item for sale. | L'acheteur doit payer un item au complet et à la satisfaction de l'Encanteur, à défaut de quoi, l'Encanteur peut annuler la vente, avec ou sans offrir de nouveau l'article à vendre.
19. Online buyers shall pay for all lots within 4 days, after which a late charge of 4% per month on the total invoice may be incurred or the auctioneer, in his sole discretion, may cancel the sale. The buyer shall not become the owner of the lot until paid for in full. All items must be removed on auction day - no exceptions. | Les acheteurs en ligne doivent payer leur facture en 4 jours, après quoi une charge pour tout retard de 4% par mois pourra être ajoutée, ou l'Encanteur, à sa discrétion, peut canceller la vente. L'Acheteur ne devient pas le propriétaire d'un lot avant d'avoir payé un lot au complet. Les achats doivent être apportés le jour de l'encan - sans exceptions.
20. It is the responsibility of the buyer to make all arrangements for insuring, packing and shipping the purchases. | L'acheteur/e est responsable de faire les arrangements nécessaires pour assurer, emballer et faire livrer ses achats.
21. If you are not able to pick-up your small purchases only (we do not handle large items) on auction day, Pridham's can deliver the unpacked small paid purchases at the buyer's risk at UPS, delivery dates at Pridham's discretion. Pridham's will share the buyer's information, but not the credit card number. Once delivered to UPS, the buyer must liaise directly with UPS's representative (Nancy 1-450-319-1008, email@example.com) for insuring, packing and shipping. Please take note that UPS charges are commensurate with the amount of packing required, size, weight, etc. | Si vous n'êtes pas en mesure de ramasser vos achats seulement (nous ne prenons pas en charge les grands items) le jour de la vente, Pridham's peut les livrer non-emballés au risque de l'acheteur chez UPS, lorsque convenable pour Pridham's. Pridham's fournira à UPS les infos de l'acheteur, mais pas le numéro de carte de crédit. L'acheteur doit communiquer directement avec la représentante UPS (Nancy 1-450-319-1008, firstname.lastname@example.org) pour l'assurance, l'emballage et l'expédition. Veuillez prendre note que les frais UPS sont proportionnels à la quantité d'emballage requis, la taille, le poids, etc.
21A. For buyers who abandon their prepared and packed purchase at UPS, a charge of CAN $45 will be applied to their credit card by Pridham's. Nancy packs and spends time making arrangements, please follow through with your shipping and these Terms and Conditions. | Pour l'acheteur/e qui abandonne un achat préparé et emballé chez UPS, une charge de $45 sera appliqué sur votre carte de crédit par Pridham's. SVP faite le suivi pour prendre possession de votre achat.
22. The auctioneer acts solely as agent for the consignor and makes no representation as to any attribute of, title to, or restriction affecting the articles consigned for sale. Without limitation, the buyer understands that any item bought may be affected by the provisions of the Cultural Property Export Act. | L'Encanteur est un agent seulement pour le client et ne fait aucunes représentations en ce qui concerne l'attribution, le titre ou restriction affectant les articles mis en consigne dans une vente. Sans limitations, l'acheteur comprend que les items achetés peuvent être affectés par des provisions culturelles et d'exportation.
23. DISCLAIMER: Ivory, tortoise shell and other "animal" items are restricted from export out of Canada due to protection under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species). Pridham's will not provide shipping or CITES application service. The successful buyer has to pick up the item in person. Shall the buyer decide to take the item across a border after picking it up, the buyer takes full responsibility for obtaining proper exporting and importing documents from both countries: EXPORT IS AT THE BUYER'S RISK. Pridham's supports the protection of all wildlife. | AVERTISSEMENT: L'ivoire, la coquille de tortue et d'autres objets de source animale ont un interdit d'exportation à l'extérieur du Canada en raison de la protection prévue par la CITES (Convention sur le commerce international des espèces de faune et de flore sauvages menacées d'extinction). Pridham's n'offrira pas de service d'expédition ni de service d'application pour CITES. L'acheteur doit ramasser l'article en personne. Si l'acheteur décide de croiser une frontière après avoir ramassé l'article, l'acheteur assume pleine responsabilité d'obtenir les documents appropriés d'exportation et d'importation des deux pays. L'EXPORTATION EST AU RISQUE DE L'ACHETEUR. Pridham's supporte la protection de tous les animaux sauvages.
Sebae Data Solutions, Inc.
SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Sebae Data Solutions, (the makers of Auction Flex & HiBid (formerly Bidopia) hereafter referred to as "Sebae"), provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms & Conditions ("TAC"), which we may update from time to time without notice to you. The most current version of the TAC can be found found at any time by visiting the link: http://www.auctionflex.com/showtandc.ap
USE AND REGISTRATION
Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended members. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use our service. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to the TAC.
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Bidder Information") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Sebae has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Sebae has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
DESCRIPTIONS OF SERVICE
Sebae provides the following services under the Auction Flex & HiBid trademarks: Integrated Web Service (for auctioneers), internet bidding (absentee, online-only, & webcast). You can learn more about these services in the following sections.
HIBID INTERNET AUCTION PLATFORM & WEB SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Sebae provides the HiBid (formerly Bidopia) Internet Auction Platform & Web Service ("HWS") under the HiBid trademark as a software solution for auctioneers wishing to extend the audience of their live auctions to the internet. The HWS provides various features including internet absentee bidding, internet-only auctions, and webcast auctions.
The HWS is able to changes its appearance to coincide with the website that it is powering. Accordingly, the HWS powers the www.hibid.com website as well as numerous Auction Flex customer websites. This ability to change appearance is a feature of the HWS. Much like internet merchant account providers can host a secure web page for a vendor to easily process payments, the HWS hosts certain portions of the auctioneer's website to easily enable advanced features such as internet bidding.
INTERNET ABSENTEE BIDDING
Internet absentee bidding allows you to place a bid for an item in advance of an auction. This allows you to place bids on lots without actually attending the auction.
Internet only bidding allows you to place a bid for an item prior to the auction lot closing online. In an internet-only auction there is no live auction.
Webcast auctions allow you to bid in real-time against other bidders or place pre-bids prior to a lot going "live".
Lots are sold in accordance with the Auctioneer's terms and conditions which are accessible from each lot's page. It is your responsibility to read and accept the Auctioneer's terms and conditions prior to placing your bid.
When you place a bid you are agreeing to be bound by the Auctioneer's & Sebae's terms and conditions. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract. Please keep in mind that you are bidding against other internet bidders as well as floor bidders, phone bidders, and regular absentee bidders (this list does not constitute a complete list of bidder types but does highlight the common bidder channels).
The auctioneer, at their discretion, can approve or deny bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or deny bidders for any reason. Prior to approval the auctioneer may contact you to determine your credit worthiness. If the auctioneer approves your bid, the auctioneer will then process your bid in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Should your bid for a lot prove successful, the auctioneer may contact you to arrange for payment & shipping (if applicable). If the auctioneer required registration via a credit card, the auctioneer reserves the right to process your winning bids to the credit card provided during registration.
Sebae, through the Auction Flex & HiBid products & services, facilitates the internet bidding process between the Auctioneer & the bidder. Sebae is in no way a party to the transaction. Because Sebae is not a party to the transaction, you accept that you will have no claim or cause of action against Sebae in respect of the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot. If you have a dispute with an Auctioneer or another user of the Service with regard to the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot you agree that Sebae, its officers, agents, employees will not be liable for losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, special loss, indirect loss and consequential los), costs, damages, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses of any kind arising out of or connected with such dispute. You also accept that none of the aforementioned are under any obligation to take any action to resolve any dispute between you and an Auctioneer
Sebae is not responsible for any typographical, pictorial or technical errors in information about Lots on the Site as provided by Auctioneers. Sebae does not evaluate Lots and does not act as a specialist or expert on any related subject matter. Sebae makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to Lots (including but not limited to representations or warranties as to the accuracy of description, genuineness, quality, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or safety). If you have any questions, e-mail the Auctioneer directly. In particular, make sure that you understand the Auctioneer's payment terms and shipping terms.
The Service requires you to login with your username and password prior to placing a bid on a Lot. Making bids with false information or with stolen credit card information is prohibited and illegal.
Your user name and password are required in order to place internet bids. Making bids in a false name or with an invalid or stolen credit card is prohibited. Each bid carries the computer coding of the Internet provider which allows the individual user to be traced and Sebae may at its discretion release this information to enable legal action to be taken. Sebae may, in its entire discretion, refuse or remove bids where it suspects that bids contravene this prohibition. By placing a bid, you are making a binding and irrevocable offer to purchase the Item at any price up to the maximum bid amount you submit. If you win, you must complete the transaction, subject to any contractual right or other right at law to rescind the contract in certain circumstances. Failure to complete transaction without lawful reason is not only a breach of your contract with the Seller but also a breach of this User Agreement.
The amount bid can be increased but cannot be decreased. The auctioneer may, at their discretion, allow you to withdraw and resubmit a bid in the case of bids containing an obvious typographical error. You may forward a request to withdraw a bid and resubmit a correct bid by immediately sending an email to the auctioneer, however, there is no guarantee that any bid will be withdrawn. Although Sebae will use best efforts to forward all bids, Sebae does not accept any responsibility for lost bids or problems with the recipient auctioneer's ability to process your bid. Moreover, Sebae cannot guarantee that bids received will be processed by the individual auctioneers.
Please note that Sebae's role is limited to the provision of the Site for dissemination and publication of information provided by the Sellers.
THE WINNING BID
The winning bid in an auction will be the highest bid that exceeds any reserve (if a reserve exists). In the case of equal bids, the earliest bid received will be the winning bid. If a higher bid is subsequently withdrawn or removed then the auctioneer shall have the right to accept the next highest bid.
NOTICE OF END OF SALE, PAYMENT & SHIPPING
After the sale has ended, the auctioneer will notify the winning bidder via phone, fax or mail that they have won. If you do not receive notice that you have made the winning bid and think that you are the top bidder, you should check with the auctioneer directly. You will make all payment for Items to the auctioneer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
BUYER'S PREMIUM, TAXES AND DUTIES
If you are a successful bidder, you are responsible for paying any buyer's premium, taxes and duties (including any VAT, sales tax and import duties) that may be imposed on the final price paid for an Item. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to check the applicable taxes and duties that may be imposed on an Item prior to bidding for it.
All material and content as provided by the Service is protected by copyright and similar rights. You can not use or make available any of that material for any commercial purpose.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
a. Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Sebae expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
b. Sebae makes no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
c. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
d. no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Sebae or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly state in the TAC.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Sebae shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Sebae has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of of the previous two sections titled 'Disclaimer of Warranties' and 'Limitation of Liability' may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Sebae harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your bidding on, listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items.
The TAC constitute the entire agreement between you and Sebae and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Sebae. The TAC and the relationship between you and Sebae shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Sebae agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Marion, Florida. The failure of Sebae to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TAC shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TAC is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TAC remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TAC must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.