PRIDHAM'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE - Please take the time to read, thank you.
RÈGLEMENTS ET CONDITIONS DE VENTE PRIDHAM'S - S.V.P. veuillez prendre le temps de lire, merci.
The term "Auctioneer" means Pridham's Auction House. | Le terme "Encanteur" signifie Pridham's Auction House.
Each lot is sold "AS IS" and "WHERE IS". | Chaque item est vendu "TEL QUEL" et "OÙ IL EST".
A) Descriptions are provided to help move along the process on auction day. No warranty regarding the descriptions, age or condition is made or implied. Almost all these lots are antiques. | Les descriptions sont inclues pour faciliter le processus le jour de l'encan. Aucune garantie en ce qui concerne les descriptions, l'âge et condition est offerte ou implicite. Presque tous les lots sont antiques.
B) Additionally, under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of any lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an 'as is' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality. | De plus, selon les conditions de vente applicables à la vente de tout lot, les acheteurs doivent s'assurer de la qualité du lot, y compris (sans limitation) son auteur, son attribution, son état, sa provenance, son authenticité, son âge, sa convenance et son origine. Les lots sont vendus " tel quel ", mais la condition réelle du lot peut ne pas être d'aussi bonne qualité que celle indiquée par son apparence extérieure. Plus spécifiquement, les pièces peuvent avoir été remplacées ou renouvelées et les lots peuvent ne pas être authentiques ou de qualité satisfaisante.
C) Any statement in relation to a lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Pridham's, and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer. | Toute déclaration relative à un lot est simplement une opinion du vendeur ou de Pridham's, et ne devrait pas être invoquée comme une incitation à soumissionner sur le lot. Les lots sont disponibles pour inspection avant la vente et vous êtes fortement conseillé d'examiner avant la vente tout lot pour lequel vous êtes intéressé. Notre rapport d'état n'a pas été préparé par un restaurateur professionnel ou un ingénieur.
We do our best to point out condition issues. You have to examine each piece carefully; sales will not be set aside on grounds of condition, or of real or imagined misdescription. | Nous faisons de notre mieux pour vous informer des bris. Vous devez examiner chaque item soigneusement; les ventes ne seront pas mises de côté pour des raisons de condition, ou de descriptions erronées réelles ou imaginaires.
Please bid clearly with your bidder number. | S.V.P. utilisez votre carton-acheteur clairement pour faire une offre.
There is a buyer's premium and taxes except for out of country buyers who require to ship their purchases. | Il y a une prime de l'acheteur et les taxes sauf pour les acheteurs hors Canada qui doivent faire livrer leur marchandise.
The Auctioneer has the right to withdraw or add to the items as listed in any printed catalogue or listing, or promoted on the internet. | L'Encanteur a le droit de retirer ou d'ajouter des items sur une liste ou dans un catalogue imprimés, ou annoncé sur l'internet.
Unless exempted by law, the buyer must pay applicable taxes on the total purchase price. | À moins d'être exempté, un ou une acheteure doit payer les taxes appropriées sur le montant total.
The Auctioneer has the right to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion. The highest bidder accepted by the Auctioneer shall be the buyer. The Auctioneer's decision in all cases shall be final. | L'Encanteur a le droit d'avancer la mise à sa discrétion. La dernière offre acceptée par l'Encanteur sera celle de l'acheteur. La décision de l'Encanteur, dans tous les cas, sera finale.
When the Auctioneer says "SOLD" it is a contractual agreement between the Auctioneer and the buyer. | Lorsque l'Encanteur dit "VENDU" cela est tout comme un contrat entre l'acheteur et l'Encanteur.
Payments have to be made in full on auction day by Visa, MasterCard, Interac or cash. | Les paiements doivent être faits au complet le jour de l'encan par VISA, Master, Interac ou en argent comptant. NO AMEX. NO CHEQUES.
Registration: all bidders are required to give full name, address, telephone number (s) and postal code. Information is used pursuant to the "Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act". | Enregistrement: tous les clients sont tenus de donner leur nom, adresse, téléphone et code postal. L'information est utilisée selon la "Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels et les documents électroniques".
Pridham's is not responsible for any damages or injuries under any circumstances. Pridham's n'est pas responsable pour aucun dommage ou blessure et ce, en aucun cas.
ADDENDUM - MORE TERMS:
1. While the auctioneer does its very best not to mislead in the description issued, and the utmost care is taken to ensure the correct cataloging of each item, such descriptions are purely statements of opinion and are not intended to constitute a representation to the prospective purchasers and no warranty of the correctness of such description is made. An opportunity for inspection of each article is offered at our Gallery, or we can issue condition reports and more photos. All lots are sold "AS IS" and "WHERE IS" and without any recourse. Any description issued by the auctioneer of an article to be sold is subject to variation to be posted or announced verbally in the auction room prior to the time of sale. It is the responsibility of prospective buyers to inspect or have inspected each lot upon which they wish to bid or request more information, relying upon their own advisers, and to bid accordingly.
2. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right not to accept and not to reject any bid. Without limitation, any bid which is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or which is merely a nominal or fractional advance over the previous bid may not be recognized.
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice.
4. Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay Harmonized Sales Tax (or QC PST & GST) on the total purchase price including the buyer's premium. For international buyers, taxes are not applicable when purchases are shipped out of Canada. For items shipped out of the province of Ontario, the buyer is required to pay taxes as per the tax status of that province, whether it is HST or GST (Goods and Services Tax).
5. Each lot may be subject to an unpublished reserve which may be changed at any time by agreement between the auctioneer and the consignor. The auctioneer may bid, or direct an employee to bid, on behalf of the consignor as agreed between them. In addition, the auctioneer may accept and submit absentee and telephone bids, to be executed by an employee of the auctioneer, pursuant to the instructions of prospective purchasers not in attendance at the sale.
6. The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer for any lot shall be the buyer and such buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and must comply with such other Conditions of Sale as may be applicable. If any dispute should arise between bidders, the auctioneer shall have the absolute discretion to designate the buyer or, at his option, to withdraw any disputed lot from the sale, or to re-offer it at the same or a subsequent sale. The auctioneer's decision in all cases shall be final.
7. Immediately after the purchase of a lot, the buyer shall pay or undertake to the satisfaction of the auctioneer with respect to payment of the whole purchase price requested by the auctioneer, failing which the auctioneer in his sole discretion may cancel the sale, with or without re-offering the item for sale.
8. Out of town / international Buyers shall pay for all lots within 48 hours from the date of the emailed invoice, after which a late charge of 2% per month on the total invoice may be incurred or the Auctioneer, in his sole discretion, may cancel the sale. The buyer shall not become the owner of the lot until paid for in full. Items must be removed on auction day.
9. Each lot purchased, unless the sale is cancelled as above, shall be held by the Auctioneer at his premises or at a public warehouse at the sole risk of the Buyer until fully paid for and taken away.
10. Should the item not be paid for within the time limit stated, the Auctioneer, without limitation of the rights of the Consignor and the Auctioneer against the Buyer, may resell any of the articles affected.
11. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to make all arrangements for insuring, packing and shipping.
12. If you can't pick up your purchases, Pridham's can deliver the unpacked purchases at the Buyer's risk in Vaudreuil Quebec. Pridham's will provide UPS with Buyer's name, address, email, telephone number and items, not credit card information. The Buyer must liaise directly with our UPS representative (Nancy 1-450-319-1008) for insuring, packing and shipping .
Pridham's relies on Nancy to provide the best service; once the purchased items are at UPS, she will email you a shipping proposal (check your Inbox) which can be a starting point for detailing your specific needs. Pridham's believes that business can be done with great respect, including with Pridham's suppliers.
Please take note that UPS charges are NOT commensurate with the hammer price of you purchases; it is commensurate with the amount of packing required, size and weight, as per common shipping practices used by most shipping company.
13. The Auctioneer acts solely as agent for the Consignor and makes no representation as to any attribute of, title to, or restriction affecting the articles consigned for sale. Without limitation, the Buyer understands that any item bought may be affected by the provisions of the Cultural Property Export Act.
14. DISCLAIMER: Ivory, tortoise shell and other "animal" items are restricted from export out of Canada due to protection under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species). Pridham's will not provide shipping or CITES application service. The successful buyer has to pick up the item in person. Shall the Buyer decide to take the item across a border after picking up the item, the Buyer has to take full responsibility of obtaining proper exporting and importing documents from both countries. EXPORT IS AT THE BUYER'S RISK. Pridham's supports the protection of all wildlife; sometimes antiques have animal components, but Pridham's sells such items with great respect for the environment and all living creatures.